Creating a New DB Instance
Steps for Creating New DB instance:
1) Log-in to the DB server as oracle user.
2) Move to the location $ORACLE_HOME/bin
3) Execute the following command (oradb1 is the new db name)
After running the above command , the following output will be generated
Creating and starting Oracle instance
Completing Database Creation
Look at the log file "$ORACLE_HOME/cfgtoollogs/dbca/oradb1/oradb1.log" for further details.
If there are errors, like (ORA-01031: insufficient privileges), then change the owner of all the files under oracle home to oracle:dba.
4) Check the above log file for any errors.
5) Check whether tnsping "oradb1" is working fine.
6) Log-in to Toad using system/manager@oradb1 and create the required schema.